Are you looking for a great place to work? Do you love being outdoors on the ocean?
We are looking for a Captain/Vessel Mechanic who is a positive, enthusiastic people person and who is passionate about dolphins and whales for 30+ hours a week.
A Master’s Captains License from the United States Coast Guard, Sailing Endorsement and a TWIC card from the TSA is required for this position. Drug tests are required. There may be times you have to come in earlier or stay later so a flexible schedule is a must.
• Maintain the boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, cameras, electronic systems, life preservers, etc.
• Steer and operate vessels.
• Finding and identifying various forms of marine life.
• Purchase supplies and equipment.
• Read gauges to verify sufficient levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen.
• Calculate and call in sightings and weather.
• Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading passengers, safety speech, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing ship equipment.
• Inspect vessels to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment, and conformance to regulations.
• Monitor the loading and unloading of passengers.
• Arrange for boats to be fueled, pumped out, restocked with supplies, and/or repaired.
Due to the occasional serving of alcohol, all applicants must be age 21 and over.
Salary is $20.00 per hour for boat maintenance. $25.00 per hour as a captain.
Steps to Apply
1. Please email your resume to [email protected].
2. Please call the Dolphin Safari employment line at (949) 940-8694 and leave a message in your best enthusiastic, public speaking voice.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE MAIN OFFICE NUMBER.