You’ve never experienced anything like this. Our exclusive underwater glass viewing pods put you face to face with some of the largest creatures on earth! Book your seat today!
Capacity: Although our zodiac-style vessels are Coast Guard certified to carry as many as 26 guests, for social distancing we are limiting capacity to 14.
Capacity is subject to change.
- Zodiac-style = Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB)
- Faster, more adventurous tour.
- Safe and never crowded.
- Boat is cleaned with CDC-approved products in-between cruises.
- Year-round whales, dolphins, sea lions, sharks, birds, and more!
Departure times vary. Please select a date to view times.
- Guest (Age 6 & up)
A Zodiac-Style Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
Get incredibly close to the ocean’s surface and within arm’s reach of wildlife aboard Capt. Dave’s fast and fun, upscale Zodiac-style vessels (rigid inflatable boats).
When you book Dana Point dolphin and whale watching tickets for our rigid inflatable boats (RIBs), you’re sure to enjoy an intimate experience that’s perfect for adventurous visitors. Your Captain is also a knowledgeable marine wildlife naturalist who will connect you with the lives of amazing dolphins, whales, sea lions, and more. You’re welcome to ask the Captain questions, too!
Bring Out Your Inner Jacques Cousteau
Have a GoPro? Bring it! Fast Cat is this close to the water’s surface and her wide, rectangular bow is perfect for capturing that Instagram-worthy underwater shot.
Need for Speed
Reaching speeds of 30 knots or faster, our zodiac-style boats are the fastest in Dana Point for whale watching. Book your tickets today and spend less time looking for animals and more time enjoying them!
Comfortable, Safe, and Stable
When it comes to southern California whale watching tours our zodiac boats features heavily padded seats and seat backs as well as a large custom sunshade that provides protection from the sunny SoCal skies. The vessels are also U.S. Coast Guard inspected and certified for safety.
The boat’s very low center of gravity offers passengers a higher level of stability. For anyone concerned about seasickness, this means the boat will feel more comfortable.
Cetacean Declaration – Our Sightings Guarantee
You might be wondering, “What if I don’t see any animals?” Although we locate whales or dolphins on over 95% of our southern California whale watching tours, there are rare occasions when we don’t see any marine mammals. So in the unlikely event of zero whales or dolphins, you can return for FREE within one year from the date of the trip. Dive deeper into what we see and when.
Join us for the experience of a lifetime! Book your Dana Point dolphin and whale watching tickets today!
The minimum age on public trips is 6 years old.
Because of the high speed and fun but bumpy ride passengers should be in good overall health.
The zodiac-style boats are very low to the water, and as a result, you may encounter ocean spray. Please keep electronics, camera equipment, and any other items you don’t want wet secure while the boat is underway. You’re welcome to bring a GoPro, and to prevent loss or damage, please do not attempt underwater filming until after the boat has slowed down and your Captain gives the OK.
The boats have ample cushioned seating for all passengers. However, space for storing belongings is not available. Please do not bring over-sized bags or coolers; limit what you bring to what you can fit on your lap. Waist-packs, mini backpacks, and small camera sling bags are good examples of what to carry your belongings in.
Food & Beverages
Because these vessels offer a fast and bouncy ride, plastic bottle beverages that can be closed and easy-to-eat dry snacks that won’t be swept away by the wind, such as granola bars or cookies, are recommended. To prevent spills please do not bring open cans of drinks.
Capt. Dave’s Fast Cat has a very low center of gravity. For guests concerned about feeling seasick, this means the boat might feel more comfortable.
How We’re Keeping You Safe
Our crew is healthy and has been healthy for at least the last 14 days. We ask the same of you. Boat crews and Dolphin Deck team members have their temperature taken daily to assure their health status.
Your vessel will be thoroughly wiped down prior to your trip with CDC approved products.
Our crew will be wearing a face covering when they are within six feet of guests.
We are reducing guest capacity on our already spacious boats.
Effective June 18, 2020 the California Department of Public Health is requiring the use of cloth face coverings in most circumstances when in public places.
– While outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible.
Due to these state-mandated guidelines, please note the following:
• Each public safari guest must wear a cloth face covering during check-in.
• Each public safari guest must wear a cloth face covering during the cruise if they are less than 6 feet from another guest outside of their household.
The following individuals are exempt from wearing a face covering:
- Persons age two years or under.
- Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance.
- Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons who are eating or drinking provided that they are able to maintain a distance of at least six feet away from persons who are not members of the same household or residence.
What do guests say about our zodiac whale watching cruises?
Give the gift of an unforgettable dolphin and whale watching adventure! With year-round whales, dolphins, sea lions, and more, anytime is a great time for your recipient to enjoy their gift.