Captain Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari looks for positive and enthusiastic people who are passionate about dolphins and whales to join the team on land and aboard our boats.
- Applicants for the positions of boat Captain and crew must be age 21 or over due to the occasional serving of alcohol.
- Boat Captain applicants must have a current Master’s License issued by the U. S. Coast Guard. A Sailing Endorsement is preferred.
- Boat Captain applicants must have a current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) from the TSA.
Equal Opportunity Company
Capt. Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari proudly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Capt. Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary: From $17 an hour
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay, Tips
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Shift and Schedule: Weekend availability, Monday to Friday
Qualifications: Vessel Crew: 1 year (Required)
- 401(k) matching
Full Job Description
Are you looking for a great place to work?
Do you love being outdoors on the ocean?
Captain Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Safari is the place for you.
We are looking for a crew person who is a positive, enthusiastic people person who is passionate about dolphins and whales for 35 to 50 hours a week. Experience is a must for this position. Drug tests are required. There may be times you have to come in earlier or stay later so a flexible schedule is a must.
This position will include the following:
- Maintain the boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, cameras, life preservers, etc.
- Steer and operate vessels.
- Finding and identifying various forms of marine life.
- Purchase supplies and equipment.
- Take wildlife photos
- Take passenger photos, compile portrait for purchase, process transactions
- Read gauges to verify sufficient levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen.
- Calculate and call in sightings and weather.
- Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading passengers, safety speech, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing ship equipment.
- Inspect vessels to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment, and conformance to regulations.
- Arrange for boats to be fueled, pumped out, restocked with supplies, and/or repaired.
- Mechanical experience with diesels or outboard engines is a PLUS!
Due to the occasional serving of alcohol, all applicants must be age 21 and over.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Please look at our FIVE STAR reviews on Tripadvisor, Yelp and Google!