You’ve never experienced anything like this. Our exclusive underwater glass viewing pods put you face to face with some of the largest creatures on earth! Book your seat today!
Capacity: Intimate cruise limited to 40 guests
Food: Free continental breakfast aboard the boat
Dolphin and whale watching on the way to/from Catalina
- Depart Dana Point Harbor: 8:30 am
- Approximate arrival at Avalon Harbor: 11:30 am
- Approximate departure of Avalon: 3:30 pm
- Arrival back at Dana Point: 6:30 pm
- Adults (13 & up)
- Child (12 & under)
Escape to Beautiful Catalina Island
Locals know Catalina Island to be a little piece of paradise about 30 miles off our coast. Every year Captain Dave enjoys taking his family to visit the island. And he would like to take you and your family to enjoy Catalina Island too, while whale watching along the way!
About the Cruise
During the approximate three-hour travel time on our Lily catamaran to Catalina Island, you will have opportunities to watch and learn about marine life which may include humpback whales, blue whales, fin whales, common dolphins, bottlenose dolphins, sharks, pelagic birds, elephant seals, and more.
Our luxury power catamaran Lily is so much more comfortable and less crowded than an express boat to Catalina Island. An exciting whale watching experience can also be had as you cruise to shore. You’ll get to Catalina in comfort and style while enjoying spectacular views with our Dana Point to Catalina cruise!
Upon arrival at the picturesque town of Avalon, you will have several hours to go ashore and shop, eat, relax or explore, and enjoy the many delights of Catalina Island.
Join us for the perfect “staycation” cruise!
On this catamaran to Catalina Island, you will receive a complimentary continental breakfast with fresh fruit, pastries, and juice will be served on the boat.
Coffee, bottled water, soda, and assorted dry snacks will be available to purchase.
About the Boat
Enjoy a relaxing and pampering voyage to Catalina Island while whale watching from the boat! Lily is Capt. Dave’s upscale 65-foot power catamaran. This fast and stable boat will carry up to 49 passengers, although for this special cruise it’s limited to just 40.
Lily Special Features:
- Beautifully appointed main cabin and galley. Guests will feel at home while seated on cushioned bar stools, on the sofa, or at the dinette. Panoramic windows on both sides of the cabin offer scenic views of the ocean, coastline, and animals. A large TV provides underwater views of bow riding dolphins next to our boat thanks to our underwater bow camera. The galley is open with an assortment of snacks and beverages available to purchase.
- Covered upper sundeck. You’ll be safe from the weather as you whale watch during your Catalina Island cruise. Rails wrapped with glass offer additional protection from the elements. Place your refreshments on the cocktail tables and relax on cushioned seating while you watch dolphins and whales.
- Fully enclosed pilothouse. You can relax at a table with cushioned seating and visit with the Captain on this catamaran to Catalina Island. The climate-controlled pilothouse also features windows on all sides so you won’t miss a minute of the animal action!
- Specially designed bow. Wrap-around cushioned seating, cushioned backrests, cup holders and rails enclosed with Lexan® glass for wind protection offer supreme comfort and convenience while cruising to Catalina Island and whale watching, too.
- Micro-museum with whale and dolphin artifacts. A realistic, life-size, common dolphin, and stunning photographic art throughout the boat will immerse you in the world of dolphins and whales!
- Bathroom A bathroom on the first floor is available for guests to use on the boat. There are also facilities on land at Dana Point and Avalon.
Please note Lily is not equipped with Eye-to-Eye Underwater Viewing Pods.