You’ve never experienced anything like this. Our exclusive underwater glass viewing pods put you face to face with some of the largest creatures on earth! Book your seat today!
All Cruises Are Available
You deserve a safe trip on an uncrowded boat. We have always practiced social distancing, and now to keep people safe, we are offering more space than ever.
Super-Safe Safaris = No Cattle Boats, No Crowds. Never Have. Never Will.
Your entire whale watching experience is outdoors, from start to finish. You’ll check-in for your safari at our outdoor Dolphin Deck location!
Steps We're Taking To Help Keep You Safe
To our Capt. Dave’s Family and Friends,
We consider you part of our family and your safety remains our highest priority. We want share a few of the steps we are taking for you, our customer.
We are in the business of serving people and in the midst of this coronavirus outbreak it’s important that we give you as much information as possible when planning and enjoying your upcoming Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari.
To that end, here is what we are doing as part our regular procedures to ensure your health and wellness:
To Know Before You Go
Not at this time.
Effective January 25, 2021 California public health officials have lifted all regional stay-at-home orders in the state.
Orange County has returned to the purple color-coded tier of the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Most businesses are open, with modifications.
Our whale watching safaris are 100% outdoors (even check-in). We will continue to operate daily cruises in a safe manner, as we have done since the beginning of the pandemic.
Visitors and residents should follow the same common-sense precautions – frequent hand washing, avoidance of sick people, etc. – that they would with the traditional flu. Older adults and people with chronic health conditions or compromised immune systems should follow detailed CDPH recommendations to protect themselves.
Your safety and well-being is our top priority, and we encourage you to take all necessary precautions to stay safe and visit once the time is right.
As you plan your trip to California please keep in mind the current guidelines and restrictions and note that California will gradually begin opening following specific standards met to keep you and our communities safe.
As so, we suggest staying up to date with the latest information so you can make an informed decision regarding your future trip. To get the latest information please visit https://covid19.ca.gov/ or Visit California.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Golden State when the time is right.
We’re committed to protecting and nurturing our beautiful home while keeping visitors safe. Are you with us? Follow the #RespectCalifornia code when exploring our state: visitcalifornia.com/respect
California is a place of wide-open spaces that champions open-mindedness and celebrates diversity. Californians respect our friends and neighbors and their health and safety. We respect the environment, local culture and all the different kinds of people who visit our state. Respect is the key to keeping each other safe and all of California’s precious and fragile beauty protected, today and tomorrow.
Feel free to traipse, travel and follow your joy in California. Please follow this California Responsible Travel Code while doing so.
Roam Responsibly. I will explore California thoughtfully and responsibly, maintaining the utmost respect for everyone and everything I encounter.
Educate Myself. I will do my research before traveling across the state, familiarizing myself with local regulations and community concerns, which may have changed over time. This is especially important in rural communities with limited healthcare resources.
Safety First. I will follow public health directives from government officials, including physical distancing measures. I will take all necessary steps to minimize health risks to myself and others and stay home if I’m sick.
Preserve California. I will protect and nurture the Golden State’s pristine outdoor spaces and cultural icons, by maintaining a light footprint at every turn and paying special attention to delicate ecosystems.
Embrace Community. I will support local businesses and do my part to ensure the long-term prosperity of the places I visit.
Celebrate Culture. I will immerse myself in California’s diverse local cultures and embrace the traditions and practices I encounter.
Teach Others. I will lead by example and share these practices with fellow travelers, acknowledging that we all share the responsibility to protect California.
Before Your Cruise
Currently the California Department of Public Health is requiring the use of cloth face coverings at all times when outside of the home.
In compliance with these state-mandated guidelines, please note the following:
• Each public safari guest over the age of two must wear a cloth face covering at all times, including during check-in and boarding, throughout the trip, and while disembarking the boat.
• Each private charter over the age of two guest must wear a cloth face covering during check-in, boarding, and disembarking.
• Private charters with guests who are all members of the same household are not required to wear a face covering while outdoors during the cruise.
Please visit the California Department of Public Health website for more details.
- Our Dolphin Deck, where you check-in, is an open-air building. No ceiling, no walls! While you wait to board the boat, you can enjoy the fresh ocean air and beautiful harbor views.
- The surfaces of tables, chairs, counters, rails, and frequently touched objects at our Dolphin Deck check-in area are cleaned and disinfected with CDC approved products in between trips.
- Tables are spaced apart for social distancing.
- Two individually labeled cans hold clean and used pens for signing the waiver.
- Face coverings are provided to guests that did not bring one.
- Two stations with hand sanitizer are provided.
- Dolphin Deck team members have their temperature taken daily to assure their health status.
- Dolphin Deck team members will be wearing a face covering.
During Your Cruise
Our public whale watching cruises have reduced passenger capacity to give our already spacious vessels even more room for each guest. Capacity varies depending on the vessel and is subject to change.
- Before and in-between trips, vessels’ surface areas including seats, cushions, railings, bathrooms, and underwater pods are sanitized with cleaning products approved by the CDC.
- Hand sanitizer is available on the boat.
- Our boat teams are healthy and have been healthy for at least the last 14 days. We ask the same of you. Boat crews have their temperature taken daily to assure their health status.
- Boat team members will be wearing a face covering.
Being on the ocean, exposed to Vitamin D and negative ions is the one of the better immune-building activities you can engage in. Research supports that exposure to negative ions can promote antimicrobial activity, can have an activating influence on some body systems and cognitive performance, and can reduce symptoms of depression for some people. Escape the stress and give your mental health a boost while viewing our beautiful dolphins, whales and gorgeous ocean. It really does help put things in their proper perspective.
“Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
Upgrade to a Super-Safe Single-Family Private Boat Rental
Our Dana Point private boat rentals offer affordable prices, are operated by our professional crews, and only members of your household are on board.
Private boat rentals with Captain give you the opportunity to experience up-close and personal the whales, dolphins, sea lions, and more that can be seen during our Dana Point whale watching excursions.
Limited time special rates are available, making it affordable for everyone to enjoy the intimate luxury of a private boat charter with Captain provided.
If you have already tickets booked for a public trip, we will apply the cost of your original purchase to the private charter!