If you’re looking for whale watching near Dana Point, we guarantee you’ve never experienced anything like this. Our exclusive underwater glass viewing pods put you face to face with some of the largest creatures on earth! Book your seat today!
All Cruises Are Available
- Public Dolphin and Whale Watching Safaris are available to book now aboard our catamaran Manute’a and on our Zodiac-style boats.
- Private Charters are available to reserve, too. Book online your Super-Safe private charter aboard one of our spacious boats.
- You deserve a safe trip on an uncrowded boat. We have always practiced social distancing and our whale watching safari will continue to be uncrowded.
- Super-Safe Safaris = No Cattle Boats, No Crowds. Never Have. Never Will.
- Your entire whale watching experience is outdoors, from start to finish. You’ll check-in for your safari at our outdoor Dolphin Deck location!
New Mask Guidance Effective March 1, 2022
- On June 15, 2021, California has lifted capacity limits, physical distancing requirements, and aligned with current CDC mask guidance.
- On March 1, 2022, California no longer requires masks for unvaccinated individuals. See below for more information.
Steps We're Taking To Help Keep You Safe
To our Capt. Dave’s Family and Friends,
We consider you part of our family and your safety remains our highest priority. We want share a few of the steps we are taking for you, our customer.
We are in the business of serving people and in the midst of this coronavirus outbreak it’s important that we give you as much information as possible when planning and enjoying your upcoming Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari.
To that end, here is what we are doing as part our regular procedures to ensure your health and wellness:
To Know Before You Go
No, California is open and welcomes all visitors! Disneyland and other major theme parks have reopened.
Effective June 15, 2021, the state of California has lifted all capacity limits and physical distancing requirements associated with the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Also, on June 15 the state fully aligned with current CDC mask guidance for individuals who are fully vaccinated.
Our whale watching safaris are 100% outdoors (even check-in). We will continue to operate daily cruises in a safe manner, as we have done since the beginning of the pandemic.
Visitors and residents should follow the same common-sense precautions – frequent hand washing, avoidance of sick people, etc. – that they would with the traditional flu. Older adults and people with chronic health conditions or compromised immune systems should follow detailed CDPH recommendations to protect themselves.
Your safety and well-being is our top priority, and we encourage you to take all necessary precautions to stay safe and visit once the time is right.
As you plan your trip to California please keep in mind the current guidelines and restrictions and note that California will gradually begin opening following specific standards met to keep you and our communities safe.
As so, we suggest staying up to date with the latest information so you can make an informed decision regarding your future trip. To get the latest information please visit https://covid19.ca.gov/ or Visit California.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Golden State when the time is right.
We’re committed to protecting and nurturing our beautiful home while keeping visitors safe. Are you with us? Follow the #RespectCalifornia code when exploring our state: visitcalifornia.com/respect
California is a place of wide-open spaces that champions open-mindedness and celebrates diversity. Californians respect our friends and neighbors and their health and safety. We respect the environment, local culture and all the different kinds of people who visit our state. Respect is the key to keeping each other safe and all of California’s precious and fragile beauty protected, today and tomorrow.
Feel free to traipse, travel and follow your joy in California. Please follow this California Responsible Travel Code while doing so.
Roam Responsibly. I will explore California thoughtfully and responsibly, maintaining the utmost respect for everyone and everything I encounter.
Educate Myself. I will do my research before traveling across the state, familiarizing myself with local regulations and community concerns, which may have changed over time. This is especially important in rural communities with limited healthcare resources.
Safety First. I will follow public health directives from government officials, including physical distancing measures. I will take all necessary steps to minimize health risks to myself and others and stay home if I’m sick.
Preserve California. I will protect and nurture the Golden State’s pristine outdoor spaces and cultural icons, by maintaining a light footprint at every turn and paying special attention to delicate ecosystems.
Embrace Community. I will support local businesses and do my part to ensure the long-term prosperity of the places I visit.
Celebrate Culture. I will immerse myself in California’s diverse local cultures and embrace the traditions and practices I encounter.
Teach Others. I will lead by example and share these practices with fellow travelers, acknowledging that we all share the responsibility to protect California.
Before Your Cruise
Effective March 1, 2022, the state of California no longer requires masks for unvaccinated individuals.
With that in mind, and because our cruises are outdoors, we do not require face coverings for any guest.
However, if you are feeling sick or showing any symptoms of illness, we strongly recommend that you wear a mask for the health and safety of other guests and our crew.
These policies are subject to change without advance notice to comply with county, state, and federal guidelines.
- Our Dolphin Deck, where you check-in, is an open-air building. No ceiling, no walls! While you wait to board the boat, you can enjoy the fresh ocean air and beautiful harbor views.
- The surfaces of tables, chairs, counters, rails, and frequently touched objects at our Dolphin Deck check-in area are cleaned and disinfected with CDC approved products in between trips.
- Tables are spaced apart for social distancing.
- Two individually labeled cans hold clean and used pens for signing the waiver.
- Face coverings are provided to guests that did not bring one.
- Two stations with hand sanitizer are provided.
During Your Cruise
Normal Coast Guard certified passenger capacities have resumed. Our vessels still have ample elbow room! Our largest boat only carries up to 49 passengers. We have always offered uncrowded cruises and we’ll proudly continue that tradition. Capacities vary depending on the vessel and are subject to change.
- Before and in-between trips, vessels’ surface areas including seats, cushions, railings, bathrooms, and underwater pods are sanitized with cleaning products approved by the CDC.
- Hand sanitizer is available on the boat.
- Our boat teams are safe and healthy per CDC guidelines. We ask the same of you.
Being on the ocean, exposed to Vitamin D and negative ions is the one of the better immune-building activities you can engage in. Research supports that exposure to negative ions can promote antimicrobial activity, can have an activating influence on some body systems and cognitive performance, and can reduce symptoms of depression for some people. Escape the stress and give your mental health a boost while viewing our beautiful dolphins, whales and gorgeous ocean. It really does help put things in their proper perspective.
“Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
Available Public Dolphin & Whale Watching Safaris
Just like our Signature Safari, but faster and closer! Get within arm’s reach of wildlife on our speedy and fun dolphin & whale watching zodiac-style boats (rigid hull inflatables). VERY low to the water & GoPro friendly. Book your intimate experience now!
Upgrade to a Private Boat Rental
Our Dana Point private boat rentals offer affordable prices, are operated by our professional crews, and only members of your household are on board.
Private boat rentals with Captain give you the opportunity to experience up-close and personal the whales, dolphins, sea lions, and more that can be seen during our Dana Point whale watching excursions.
Limited time special rates are available, making it affordable for everyone to enjoy the intimate luxury of a private boat charter with Captain provided.
If you have already tickets booked for a public trip, we will apply the cost of your original purchase to the private charter!