Highest Rated Orange County Dolphin & Whale Watching Tour
Why Capt. Dave’s Whale Watching Safari?
REASONS OUR WHALE WATCHING TRIPS ARE THE WORLD'S BEST:
- Southern California has more blue whales and dolphins and the best whale watching weather of anywhere on earth.
- Highest rated whale watching on TripAdvisor, Google+ and Yelp.
- Go underwater without getting wet, during your whale watch, in our Eye to Eye Underwater Viewing Pods.
- Listen to dolphins during your whale watch with underwater Hydrophone.
- Never crowded! We take up to49 passengers on our hi-speed, hi-tech, power & sail whale watching catamarans.
- Micro dolphin and whale watching museum.
- 3 Eye-Spy Dolphin Nets for a very up-close whale watching adventure!
- Capt. Dave and his team have been recognized world wide for their conservation & whale rescue efforts.
- Capt. Dave produced an award-winning film and award winning book.
- The entire Dolphin Safari team loves Dolphins and Whales!
- As a real eco-tourism company, we have never offered fishing trips and don't do whale watching on a fishing boat.
- Mrs. Capt. Dave's yummy Triple Fudge Brownies.
Whale Watching Sightings
1,000 Common Dolphins, 75 Bottlenose Dolphins..
2 Fin Whales, 300 Common Dolphins. Click for photo..
1,050 Common Dolphins, 75 Bottlenose Dolphins, 1 (Breaching) Mola Mola.
400 Common Dolphins, 5 Risso's Dolphins, 1 Elephant Seal. Click for photo.
650 Common Dolphins. Click for photo.
285 Bottlenose Dolphins (Including Patches). Click for photo.
2 Humpback Whales, 900 Common Dolphins. Click for photo.
2 Minke Whales, 1,250 Common Dolphins.
#1 Rated Whale Watch
Whale Watching News
Are whales as curious about us as we are of them?...Read more
Capt. Dave's Must-See Drone Videos
Newest Dolphin and Whale Watching Video
Join Capt. Dave's WhaleAlert and receive text messages with sightings alerts and last minute discounts!
Follow us on Facebook
About Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
Capt. Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari is the high rated Orange County whale watching and dolphin watching tour. Each dolphin and whale watching tour leaves from Dana Point, California, on a daily ocean adventure with mega-pods of dolphins and magnificent whales, as well as other wildlife including marine birds, sharks, pinnipeds (sea lions), various fish, jellyfish, and more! Captain Dave's Dolphin and Whale Watching Safari is located about 1 hour north of SeaWorld in San Diego and about 30 minutes south of Disneyland in Anaheim.
According to USA Today, "off the shores of Orange County in southern California, whales can be spotted year-round and the whale watching is best off of Dana Point."
Capt. Dave is an experienced marine naturalist who has been leading dolphin safaris and whale watching trips from Dana Point since 1995. Learn more about our whale watching trips.
When Wyland goes whale watching, he goes with Captain Dave's!
Watch full length video featuring a tour of Wyland's studio home.
Looking for things to do in Orange County? Discover the best year round whale watching in the world! Our high-tech Catamaran Sailboat with Underwater Viewing Pods offers up close and personal whale watching and dolphin watching. Our luxury Power Catamaran offers premier accommodations and the opportunity to learn about and participate in dolphin and whale research. Best year round whale watching in the world! Get up close and personal with Blue Whales, Gray Whales, Fin Whales, Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, Killer whales, and five species of wild dolphins that can number in herds of up to 10,000! Whale watching in Dana Point, Orange County, California. Serving all Southern California! Whale Watching near Los Angeles, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and San Diego.
Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari is located at
24440 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, California, 92629
We're conveniently located midway between Disneyland and SeaWorld.