Why Capt. Dave’s Whale Watching Safari?
- Southern California has more blue whales and dolphins and the best whale watching weather of anywhere on earth.
- Highest rated whale watching on TripAdvisor, Google+ and Yelp.
- Go underwater without getting wet, during your whale watch, in our Eye to Eye Underwater Viewing Pods.
- Listen to dolphins during your whale watch with underwater Hydrophone.
- Never crowded! We take 49 passengers max on our hi-speed, hi-tech, power & sail whale watching catamarans Manute'a & Lily.
- Micro dolphin and whale watching museum on board.
- 3 Eye-Spy Dolphin Nets for a very up-close whale watching adventure!
- Capt. Dave and his team have been recognized world wide for their conservation & whale rescue efforts.
- Capt. Dave produced an award-winning film, "Wild Dolphins & Whales of Southern California" and award winning book "Lily, A Gray Whale's Odyssey".
- The entire Dolphin Safari team loves Dolphins and Whales!
- A real eco-tourism company, we have never offered fishing trips. And no whale watching on a fishing boat.
- Mrs. Capt. Dave's yummy, Triple Fudge Brownies.
Whale Watching Sightings
4 Minke Whales, 3 Bryde’s Whales (Including Cow/Calf), 2 Blue Whales, 2 Humpback Whales, 1 Fin Whale,.
10 Humpback Whales, 3,100 Common Dolphins.
2 Humpback Whales, 1 Minke Whale, 2,200 Common Dolphins.
10 Humpback Whales, 1 Fin Whale, 1 Minke Whale, 4,900 Common Dolphins, 1 Hammerhead Shark.
11 Humpback Whales, 4 Minke Whales, 3,600 Common Dolphins.
19 Blue Whales, 1 Minke Whale, 5,800 Common Dolphins, 1 Hammerhead Shark.
9 Blue Whales, 1 Humpback Whale, 3,250 Common Dolphins, 1 Mako Shark.
#1 Rated Whale Watching
Whale Watching News
Meet our new dolphin and whale watching catamaran!...Read more
Who is the best conservationist? Enter him/her to win free whale watching tickets!...Read more
Capt. Dave's Must-See Drone Videos
Newest Dolphin and Whale Watching Video
Whale Watching Photos
Relive the adventure! Purchase beautiful prints of dolphins, whales, sea lions, birds, sharks, and other marine wildlife taken during our safaris. Also available are photo gifts including keepsake boxes, t-shirts, mugs, coasters, tote bags, and more with your favorite wildlife photo. WhaleWatchingPhotos.com
Follow us on Facebook
About Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari can get you up close and personal with Orange County dolphins and Orange County whales, as well as other beautiful sea creatures. Our high-speed catamaran sailboat with underwater viewing is never crowded!
Each whale watching and dolphin safari leaves from Dana Point, California, daily and takes you on a 2 and 1/2 hour ocean adventure with mega-pods of dolphins and magnificent whales. Our Dana Point whale watching trips see dolphins and whales year-round, as well as other wildlife including marine birds, sharks, pinnipeds (sea lions), various fish, jellyfish, and more! Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari is located about 1 hour north of SeaWorld in San Diego and about 30 minutes south of Disneyland in Anaheim.
Capt. Dave is an experienced marine naturalist who has been leading dolphin safaris and whale watching trips from Dana Point since 1995. Learn more about our whale watching trips.
Looking for things to do in Orange County? Discover the best year round whale watching in the world! Our high-tech Catamaran Sailboat with Underwater Viewing Pods offers up close and personal whale watching and dolphin watching. Our luxury Power Catamaran offers premier accommodations and the opportunity to learn about and participate in dolphin and whale research. Best year round whale watching in the world! Get up close and personal with Blue Whales, Gray Whales, Fin Whales, Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, Killer whales, and five species of wild dolphins that can number in herds of up to 10,000! Whale watching in Dana Point, Orange County, California. Serving all Southern California! Whale Watching near Los Angeles, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and San Diego.
Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari is located at
24440 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, California, 92629
We're conveniently located midway between Disneyland and SeaWorld.