Why Capt. Dave’s Whale Watching Safari?
- Southern California has more blue whales and dolphins and the best whale watching weather of anywhere on earth.
- Highest rated whale watching on TripAdvisor, Google+ and Yelp.
- Go underwater without getting wet, during your whale watch, in our Eye to Eye Underwater Viewing Pods.
- Have friends & family watch you LIVE on our whale watching boat!
- Listen to dolphins during your whale watch with underwater Hydrophone.
- Never crowded! We take 49 passengers max on our hi-speed, hi-tech, power & sail whale watching catamarans Manute'a & Lily.
- Micro dolphin and whale watching museum on board.
- 3 Eye-Spy Dolphin Nets for a very up-close whale watching adventure!
- Capt. Dave and his team have been recognized world wide for their conservation & whale rescue efforts.
- Capt. Dave produced an award-winning film, "Wild Dolphins & Whales of Southern California" and award winning book "Lily, A Gray Whale's Odyssey".
- The entire Dolphin Safari team loves Dolphins and Whales!
- A real eco-tourism company, we have never offered fishing trips. And no whale watching on a fishing boat.
- Mrs. Capt. Dave's yummy, Triple Fudge Brownies.
Whale Watching Sightings
5 Blue Whales, 2,500 Common Dolphins, 50 Bottlenose Dolphins, 20 Flying Fish.
7 Blue Whales, 1 Fin Whale, 1,030 Common Dolphins, 4 Mola Mola.
12 Blue Whales, 2 Fin Whales, 2 Humpback Whales, 2,000 Common Dolphins, 54 Bottlenose Dolphins, 1 Elephant.
4 Blue Whales, 1 Humpback Whale, 50 Bottlenose Dolphins, 2 Common Dolphins, 1 Hammerhead Shark, 7 Flying.
1 Blue Whale, 1 Humpback Whale, 75 Bottlenose Dolphins.
3 Blue Whales, 400 Common Dolphins, 1 Hammerhead Shark.
4 Blue Whales (Lunge Feeding), 1 Humpback Whale (Breaching), 550 Common Dolphins, 3 Mola Mola.
7 Blue Whales, 500 Common Dolphins, 2 Swordfish, 1 Hammerhead Shark, 2 Mola Mola Post by Captain.
#1 Rated Whale Watching
Whale Watching News
Watch: Dolphins go blue whale watching!...Read more
Watch humpback whale touch & guide her calf like a human mother...Read more
Captain Dave's Latest Drone Video
Newest Dolphin and Whale Watching Video
Whale Watching Photos
Purchase beautiful photographs and photo gifts of dolphins, whales, sea lions, and other marine wildlife taken during our daily, year-round, dolphin and whale watching safaris. WhaleWatchingPhotos.com
Follow us on Facebook
About Capt. Dave's Whale Watching
Captain Dave's Whale Watching Safari can get you up close and personal with Orange County dolphins and Orange County whales, as well as other beautiful sea creatures. Our high-speed catamaran sailboat with underwater viewing is never crowded!
Each whale watching and dolphin safari leaves from Dana Point daily and takes you on a 2 and 1/2 hour ocean adventure with mega-pods of dolphins and magnificent whales. Captain Dave's Whale Watching is located about 1 hour north of SeaWorld in San Diego and about 30 minutes south of Disneyland in Anaheim.
Capt. Dave is an experienced marine naturalist who has been leading dolphin safaris and whale watching trips from Dana Point since 1995. Learn more about our whale watching trips.
Looking for things to do in Orange County? Discover the best year round whale watching in the world! Our high-tech Catamaran Sailboat with Underwater Viewing Pods offers up close and personal whale watching and dolphin watching. Our new luxury Power Catamaran offers premier accommodations and the opportunity to learn about and participate in dolphin and whale research. Best year round whale watching in the world! Get up close and personal with Blue Whales, Gray Whales, Fin Whales, Humpback Whales, Minke Whales, Killer whales, and five species of wild dolphins that can number in herds of up to 10,000! Whale watching in Dana Point, Orange County, California. Serving all Southern California! Whale Watching near Los Angeles, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and San Diego.
Captain Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari is located at
24440 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, California, 92629
We're conveniently located midway between Disneyland and SeaWorld.