WHAT TO BRING WHALE WATCHING
- Camera/Drone – Capt. Dave’s safaris are great for whale watching Dana Point visitors interested in wildlife photography.
- Jacket – Whale watching safaris can be a bit chilly, so an extra layer is highly recommended.
- Sunscreen – Guests can bring sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses for protection at sea.
- Binoculars – Whale watching Dana Point visitors can bring binoculars to enhance the overall experience–like spotting lice and barnacles hugging a gray whale.
- Water & snacks – Guests are encouraged to bring small snacks and water, and keep track of any wrappers, etc.
On your whale watching Dana Point tour, you’ll want to keep your eyes open and your camera ready because we regularly see a wide range of other marine animals, too! This includes seals, sea lions, sharks, sea turtles, local marine birds, jellyfish, and much, much more!
While we do see dolphins and whales on more than 95% of our tours, our large marine friends occasionally decide to take the day off. Don’t worry if this happens! We will provide you with another tour within the year—totally free of charge!
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
If you’ve got kids, teens, or even babies, you can go ahead and bring them on board with you during our whale watching Dana Point tours. Most of our large catamarans are suitable for children of all ages and offer an experience that your little ones are unlikely to forget.
Complement their wildlife experience with a visit to our onboard micro-museum! Whale watching Dana Point visitors of all ages will have the chance to see dolphin and whale artifacts, and you can accompany them to our exclusive underwater viewing pods where they can “swim with the dolphins” — All without getting wet!
Instill an even deeper love and appreciation for ocean creatures by joining us for the annual Dana Point Festival of Whales or discover our other whale watching Dana Point tours in Southern California like our wildlife-intensive Whale Geek Safari or luxury private yacht Orca charter tour! No matter which one you choose, we promise you’ll have a whale of a time!
JOIN US FOR THE HIGHEST-RATED DANA POINT WHALE WATCHING ADVENTURE TODAY!
Boasting the highest ratings on Tripadvisor, Yelp, and Google, Dana Point’s whale watching season in Southern California doesn’t get any better than Captain Dave’s Dolphin and Whale Watching Tours. Contact us or view our FAQs for more information and book your unforgettable adventure in Dana Point—the dolphin and Whale Watching Capital® of the world!