Boat Crew / First Mate / Deckhand
We are looking for a crew person who is a positive, enthusiastic people person who is passionate about dolphins and whales for 35 to 50 hours a week. Experience is a must for this position. Drug tests are required. There may be times you have to come in earlier or stay later so a flexible schedule is a must.
- Maintain the boats and equipment on board, such as engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, cameras, life preservers, etc.
- Steer and operate vessels.
- Finding and identifying various forms of marine life.
- Purchase supplies and equipment.
- Read gauges to verify sufficient levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen.
- Calculate and call in sightings and weather.
- Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading passengers, safety speech, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing ship equipment.
- Inspect vessels to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment, and conformance to regulations.
- Arrange for boats to be fueled, pumped out, restocked with supplies, and/or repaired.
- Mechanical experience with diesel or outboard engines is a PLUS!
Due to the occasional serving of alcohol, all applicants must be age 21 and over.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Steps to Apply
1. Please email resume to [email protected]
2. Please call the Dolphin Safari employment line at (949) 940-8694 and leave a message in your best enthusiastic, public speaking voice.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE MAIN OFFICE NUMBER.